Sunday, October 31, 2010

Radnor Trails - Beginners Wanted

It is now and has been officially fall here at Eastern University and the weather is beautiful!  This last thursday i decided it was the perfect day to go for a cruise.  One of my best friends Annie has been constantly asking me to teach her how to longboard.  Annie has never stepped foot on a board before so i thought it would be a great way to inspire beginners to try it.  Annie was the one who suggested a certain spot that she thought was perfect for first time boarders to go.  The whole trail is flat and smooth, which is why annie thought it was perfect.  This certain little spot is located in the great town of Radnor, located in walking distance of the school.  Radnor trail is a great place for bike riding, walking, and running.  It's and all flat smooth surface that goes through the woods.  The leaves are beautiful and the scenery is magnificent .  Radnor trails is a great place for beginners to board because it is almost all entirely flat.  The trail is wide and easy for boarders to carve.  Having the flat surface makes it easy to teach beginner boarders the bare essentials of longboarding such as pushing, balance, and technique.  If ya have a friend interested in learning to board i highly recommend taking them to Radnor Trail.   

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! I want to learn how to board too but every time i jump on my friends the road or sidewalk might as well be the death of me! Let me know when you go next, I would love to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy, take me longboarding! Now that you've discussed the ups and downs of radnor, or lack thereof (no pun intended), it will be a perfect place to explore my skills. I liked that you described radnor too. Wonderous

    ReplyDelete